A Proven Federal White Collar Defense Attorney
For over 15 years, attorney Ann Fitz has represented the best interests of her clients in federal court. She creates strong defense strategies for her white collar clients and fights to get them favorable case outcomes. If you are facing federal white collar criminal charges in the Southern District of Florida, the Law Office of Ann Fitz will create an individualized defense that protects your rights.
Years of Experience as Both a Prosecutor and a Defense Attorney
Ann Fitz is a former homicide prosecutor and served as a Panel Attorney under the Federal Criminal Justice Act (CJA) in conjunction with the Federal Defender’s Office in Atlanta and Los Angeles for 7 years. Her experience on both sides of the courtroom allows her to analyze the strengths and weaknesses of her clients’ cases. She knows how prosecutors build their cases and will use that knowledge to create the most vigorous defense for your case.
Ms. Fitz has defended many clients from high-profile white collar criminal charges involving millions of dollars and the media spotlight, including:
• A $25 million mortgage modification scheme
• A $12 million tax fraud scheme
• A $7 million securities fraud Ponzi scheme
• An identity theft and wire fraud scheme featured on an episode of CBS’s 48 Hours Mystery
• The lead defendant in the Atlanta prosecution of the Black Mafia Family (BMF)
• A Deputy Sheriff charged with possession and receipt of child pornography
Miscellaneous Civil Litigation and Appellate Work
In addition to her work as a white collar criminal defense attorney, Ann Fitz also has a diversified background of fighting for clients in civil litigation, mediation and arbitration cases, including:
• Federal and state employees who were subject to a hostile work environment and suffered adverse employment actions based on illegal discrimination
• Breach of contract disputes
• Defending against copyright infringement charges by Warner Brothers
• Constitutional challenges to the applicability of the Georgia and Florida sex offender registration laws
• 2255 habeas petitions and motions for Certificates of Appealability
Ann Fitz has also helped many convicted defendants challenge their sentences and convictions in federal appellate courts. She has prepared motions and briefs in the 2nd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 9th, 10th, and 11th Circuits, as well as the United States Supreme Court, and she has argued precedential cases in the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals.
An Attorney Recognized For Legal Analysis And Skill
Many nationally known publications and media outlets have featured Ann Fitz’s legal accomplishments, including Rolling Stone Magazine, Wired Magazine, CBS’s 48 Hours Mystery and NBC’s Nightly News.
She was nominated and selected as a Rising Star by Super Lawyers in 2013, 2014, and 2016, and named a Top 10 Attorney Under 40 by the National Academy of Criminal Defense Attorneys in 2014. In 2018 she was selected among America’s Top 100 Criminal Defense Attorneys and in 2019 she was named a Top 100 Criminal Defense Litigator by The National Trial Lawyers.
Clients choose Ann Fitz as their federal defense attorney because of her:
• Informative and straightforward explanation of legal matters
• Thorough investigation, preparation and research of case details
• Use of independent forensic analysis and collaboration with topic-specific experts
• Dedication to preserving her clients’ freedom and rights
• Personalized approach to building a defense to criminal charges
Many cable news networks have featured Ann Fitz as a legal analyst and guest expert. She has provided her insights and opinions on the Fox News Network, CNN, HLN, and MSNBC. She also appeared as a regular guest on truTV’s In Session (formerly CourtTV) from 2009-2011.